Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, Baby!





Yesterday was Jared's 31st Birthday! He doesn't read this blog ever, so he won't be embarrassed about all the gushing I'm about to do. (Don't worry, I say it all to his face) I know this isn't original, but here are 31 things I LOVE about my man ( & that you may or may not know about him) . . .

1. he is HOT and getting HOTTER as he ages (Yeah for me!)
2. he is incredibly kind hearted
3. he is a great surfer (although he'll never admit that) and looks AMAZING in a wetsuit. Hubba, hubba
4. he is humble and never will admit that he is good at something
5. he loves me. I mean, really loves me
6. he is really organized and fantastic at organizing everything around him (have you seen our garage for crying out loud?)
7. he calls Kai "Son" whenever he speaks to him
8. he has a really nice bum. I guess I am a butt girl! Who knew?
9. he thinks I'm funny and I just love it when people think I'm funny
10. I have never ever ever caught him looking at another girl. Never! I mean, I have to point out when I think a girl is pretty and he won't even acknowledge it.
11. he only has eyes for me (see #10)
12. his children think he is the smartest, strongest man ALIVE!(Quote from Kai to a friend,"Hey, my Dad is way stronger than your Dad. He's the strongest man in the world!"
13. he is 3.5 years younger then me, but SOO much wiser and more mature. I love it!
14. he is soooo smart. He, of course, would never admit that (see #4),but he knows pretty much everything!
15. although he is very neat and organized, he always leaves drawers and cupboards wide open. I am sure he has his reasons, but it's funny!
16. he is a wonderful role model. He does what is right, always, but isn't self-righteous about it.
17. he makes me want to be a better person, mother, wife, friend, so on and so on
18. he is constant in who he is and what he stands for. You can ALWAYS count on him!
19. he despises Mariah Carey or any sort of love song, but will listen to them if I'm in the car (cause I love them). But, if ever he takes my car somewhere the cd is turned off and the radio is on some classic rock when I get back in.
20. his favorite band is "THE CLASH". I know, whaaaaT???!
21. I can only listen to about 2 albums on his ipod (which has a million on them)...Cat Stevens and Grateful Dead. I think it's so sexy, though, that he loves such cool music.
22. Whenever I get into his car and he turns on his ipod...he immediately puts it to Cat Stevens or Grateful Dead! :)
23. He has never raised his voice at me.
24. he is always gentle and loving when he disagrees
25. he likes vanilla more than chocolate, but strawberry wins most of the time
26. he can eat a TON. His family hands them all their left overs so he can polish it off.
27. he will rub or tickle my back whenever I ask
28. he really cares about my feelings and puts them first. When I am bothered or mad he always listens and tries to understand where I am coming from.
29. he folds the laundry because he knows I hate to do it.
30. once I mentioned that I wished making the bed wasn't my job and he's been doing it everyday since (that was about a year ago)
31. after more than 9 years together, he still wants me over anyone else in the world to hang out with. How lucky am I??!!

Well, there are a million more things I could list. Jared is one of a kind and a truly remarkable person. I am his #1 fan and I don't even think I'm biased. He's just so super!!! Happy Birthday to my one and only!!!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

happy bday Jared!! that was so cute Camille, and I too think you are really hilarious!! :)

Laura Ek said...

Ah, how sweet! We love you Jared!!!

Brooke Wilkins said...

you are such a good wife! I love you guys together! SO cute!

Nat's blog said...

Camille my favorite thing about this post is that I have heard you talk about Jared like this since your first date. I am so happy you have such a wonderful husband, you deserve him and vice versa!

Bren said...

What a cute post! You guys are a BEAUTIFUL couple inside and out (a little cheesy to say I know but totally true!). Happy Birthday Jared!

Alicia said...

Awwww...so sweet. I hope Jared read that!

Roney Family said...

So sweet! Cute pictures!

brooke said...

I agree...he's a great guy! I am so happy you guys ended up together!

Christa said...

Love that you married such a great guys who makes you so happy. You deserve it!

So, as far as this 3 kids thing goes, oh my gosh, I've never been so tired in my life. He's a sweet little baby and we're loving him to pieces, I just can't stop being tired all the time. Please tell me the adjustment gets easier!