Friday, January 15, 2010

A little look-see...

Now that Rowan is starting to get "her look" I wanted to compare some of her, Kai and Payton all at the same age (or pretty dang close). I know babies can vary so much week to week in the first few months, so these are all within a few days of the same age. I've always thought that Kai and Payton looked related, but had their own look completely. And, before Rowan was here I wondered, "Will she be a mix of the two like so many 3rd kids are?" Well, the results are in and for me it's a big YES! She has Payton cheeks and hair (more of it, though) and Kai's nose (a girl version, of course) and his coloring (WHITE). I'd love to hear an outsiders point of view, though. Whatta think???!!!!

Here is Baby Kai (as we always called him) at approx. 9 weeks

(please excuse the yellow duck onsie. I don't know what I was thinking!)

Here is Baby Payton at the same age



And, finally, here is our Rowan at 9 weeks respectively



Tell me what you think?

7 comments:

Nat's blog said...

ok...first off your kids are adorable!!! And each unique....but the similarities I see are kai's eyes and nose, paytons mouth and cheeks! And Rowans adorable bright blue colored eyes and sweet baby smile!

Elizabeth said...

well they are all beautiful, that's for sure!! I think Rowan has her own look though, i'm sure once she gets a little older i'll think differently!

Brooke Wilkins said...

Rowan totally is a mix, I was thinking that she was more payton but you are right she has Kai's coloring and a girlie version of his nose.

Cadle Clan said...

so hard to say, but I do think all your kids are just simply gorgeous! (oh, and we all have those silly yellow duck onesie pics on our boys...what were we thinking!)

Smith Family said...

When I saw the second pic of Payton I thought at first glance that it was Rowan! Rowan's eyes and cheeks look like Payton's for sure! And of course. all three are beauties! You and Jared are so blessed. :) xoxo

Marcy said...

LOL at your comment and the other above...but Spencer had that exact yellow duck onsie and one also in blue. It was SO 2003 ;)

Okay my take:

Rowan has her own eyes for sure (gets them from her momma, I think)

Rowan has the EXACT same nose as both Kai and Payton (how did you guys do that 3x?!)

Rowan has Payton's cheeks and hair

and finally

Rowan has Kai's lips.

There, did I get it all? lol...DARLING kids. Seriously, you guys are way too good at making good lookin' kids. I want you to keep going just to see how many beauties you can create :)

xoxo

Roney Family said...

So cute! I love the pictures. Friend, I cant believe you have three kids. The thing that I notice is when I look at Kai's baby pictures, I see so much of Kai. But with the girls, I see a lot of each other. They are so dang cute, but I think Rowan will have a little of her own look. Just like Kai look different but also the same. No doubt these kids are all siblings. If they were mixed with a bunch of kids, I could still pick them out.