Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tons of Fun in the 'TO

Well, that's SacramenTO for non-locals... :)

We had the chance to go to my home town of Sacramento a couple weeks ago and it was great! I hadn't been home for a while and with Jared at work all the time, I was really gun shy to go home with the kids by myself. Well, he had a couple of days off for the 4th and so we took the opportunity to head north. A weekend is never enough time to see all of my family (I'm one of 9) and so I decided to throw caution to the wind and stay a few extra days after Jared had to leave. It ended up working out fantastically. The kids slept great ( and with that you can do anything, really), the weather cooled off a tad (only low 90's for the most part), Grandma Linda and Papa Stan made sure all was well so I could run in the mornings (a sanity builder for sure), and we got to see all of my siblings except one of my brothers (sorry Todd and Gabe. We are so sad to not have seen you) and my mom (she's in Italy. Nice, huh?). We spent the week swimming a ton, having a sleep over at fun aunt Melanie's, girls night out w/ my sisters for Kristin's bday, evenings on the couch with yummy desserts prepared by my stepmom, relaxing and playing with cousins and enjoying home cooked meals w/ fresh veggies from my stepmoms amazing garden. It really was a great trip and I now have the confidence that I can handle the kids on my own. So, here's to more trips home and seeing my family more often. Now, sit back and enjoy MANY pictures from our trip...



Just after we arrived. Payton and Kai were immediately connected at the hip to Courtney and Conner
Jared swimming with Rowan for her first time in a pool! She loved it, of course.
bro in law, Carey, with twins Lauren and Madeline
sis in law, Raquel, and baby Rawson. We got to be there for his blessing, too, which was so special!
This is so funny and great. The kids loved jumping for me. Hilarious! I just love Payton's form here. It makes me laugh every time!
again, hilarious!
Kai, Rawson, Rowan, Conner, Madeline, Cosette, Lauren, Courtney, Payton
I got to see my oldest/closest friend, Camie, for just a short visit. She was off to Tahoe the day after we arrived, dang it! (I know, she is darling)
sitting by the pool w/ Jared, Rowan and Michelle
cousin Blaise with Payton (who thought the firecrackers were way too loud, too!)

My brothers, Matt and Andy, on the 4th. Andy had some firecrackers that were SO loud (I must be getting old). The best part was watching them crack up at lighting them in each others hands. I mean, does that ever get old??!
Nice!
insta best buds - Courtney, Kai, Conner and Payton
My sisters cute twins and Jared. I just thought this was a great shot!
Jared and Me on a hot Sactown day (geez, I love this guy!)
Rowan trying out the baby pool for the first time! LOVED IT!
my 3 awesome kids! Man, I love this picture!
Rowy already wants to be just like her Papa Stan!
lovin me some Yissa!!
Me and my Melanie Moo!
Happy Birthday to my sister Kristin on her 40th. I know, 40 never looked so good!!
Melanie, Michelle, Kristin, Me, Raquel, Melissa and Ivonna
Me with my rockin' sista, Kristin
Rowan w/ cousin Cosette. Just loungin'
Rowy w/ uncle Adam and Aunt Sandy
my brother Adam, Kai, my sis in law Sandy, Rowan, Me and Payton
cousin Matthew and Kai
cousin Will and Kai
Kai loved squeezing himself right in between Papa and Uncle Marc
cute Melanie and Me
me and my pops
Marc, Rowan, Cosette and Raquel
Grandma Linda with Rowy
Kai and Cos!

10 comments:

Barbara said...

What a fun trip! I love the picture of your three kiddies. Too cute. I'm glad you were able to stay a little longer to see more of your family. Good times.

Cadle Clan said...

Love the pics...except for the one of you and me....looks like you're hugging an elephant.

camille said...

if elephants were teeny, tiny, beautiful ladies!

Christa said...

Such a fun trip! I can't tell you how much I loved seeing your sister! she is just as adorable as ever! I have some good news my friend...I will be in your town last week of August! Yep, that's right so get ready for some fun! I was trying to remember, was I seriously just pregnant with Isaac the last time I saw you?

Meliss said...

loved seeing you with all your sistas! nothin' better.

Meliss said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brooke Wilkins said...

i love you! you are so lucky to have so many wonderful sisters and brothers! But, truth be told, I missed you like CRAZY! Love you girly!

Bren said...

What a fantastic trip Camille! There is nothing quite like going home. I love all the pictures you got with your family; darling! Welcome home and lets please hang out soon!

Roney Family said...

Oh My goodness, I love all these pictures. It looks like you had such a wonderful time with your family and the kids look like they had a blast with cousins. Looks like the perfect trip!

Leah said...

My cousin IS single. He lives in Seattle however, where does she live. He helps coach basketball for UW, goes to school and models on the side (big surprise right!). Let me know if you want me to hook that one up.