Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kai turns 7!!!!!!


On August 25th, this young man turned the big 7! I can't believe that he is 7, honestly. He is growing up so fast! Kai is one of the most amazing boys ever, btw (and I don't think I am biased at all, in fact). As Kai gets older it is so fun and amazing to see how he changes, evolves, matures, etc. I could not be more proud of him. He makes being a mom easy breezy! At 7 years of age, some highlights of Kai are:

*he is starting 2nd grade at Oak Grove Elementary School
*he's taking the bus for the first time (we're both a little nervous)
*he is an excellent help to me with his two younger sisters
*is neat and tidy
*loves to follow rules and do what is right
*tells on himself if he does something wrong (see above fact)
*has lots of friends
*loves legos
*loves sports (especially baseball at the moment)
*asks us to turn on ESPN if it's his turn to pick a show (which is funny since me and Jared don't really watch any sports normally)
*is a great swimmer and LOVES the pool
*isn't the biggest fan of the beach right now. It's "too sandy"! :)
*loves playing sports with his dad (especially catch)
*is super smart and makes learning look easy
*says "excuse me" when he wants my attention (well, most of the time)
*thinks his cousin Enoch is THE coolest person ALIVE
*talks a LOT. Sometimes an endless stream of talking occurs. One might say he gets that from me.
*is in the CTR 7 class and just finished memorizing the 13 Articles of Faith at church (click here to read them)
*will stop what he is doing to give me a hug and kiss.
*gets embarrassed if I kiss him in front of his friends, though, but will still let me kiss him on the cheek! (Jared told me that would happen, but I didn't believe him)
*says DUDE way too much (again, one might say he gets that from me)
*keeps a watchful eye out for cruisin' baby Rowan. He is the first one to pick up "chokables" and close doors to bathrooms, etc.
*kinda doesn't think the house could run without him.
*loves his family and tells us, too.
*Is my FAVORITE boy in the world!!!!!

We had a "boys only" pool party for Kai this year and it was tons of fun. He just loved playing with all his buds and having fun in the pool! Here are a bunch of pics from the day...

started the day off with a "ghetto" #7 chocolate chip pancake. That was harder to make then I thought it would be :).
Payton was so excited to be the FIRST to wish Kai a happy birthday.
Mayhem in the pool! There were a few people at the pool before the party started, but once they realized what was about to happen they all went home. Sorry Windsong residents, but thank you cause it was nice to have the pool all to ourselves!
Make a wish! This cake tasted fantastic, but I am not much for presentation. Good thing Kai only cares about the taste, right?!
chowing on cake and loving it!
buddies Travis and Connor
School pals Nick and Cooper
Cousin Enoch (aka Kai's hero), buddy Brian and Kai
Payton chillin' in her tube
loved how Spencer grabbed Kai for this pic. Good buds are the best!
Kai, Jonny and Drew (it was also Drew's 7th bday that day!)
me with my sweet 7 year old! I could not be a luckier mom to have this kid! He is THE best around!
the whole gang of boys. Such a cute group!
Kai had a huge pile of presents! Score!
tearing in...
after sleeping through the whole party (nice!), Rowan finally made an appearance

Jared had been in Boston for work the days right before Kai's bday. So, he bought Kai a special present there.
making sure it fits
Kai was super excited about the Boston Red Sox cap, glove, ball and bat Jared brought home from his business trip.
breaking in his new glove. Instant obsession!

Happy 7th, Kai! You are such a special kid and we could not love you more. I love you more than I could ever explain and am so so so thrilled to be your mom. xoxo

4 comments:

susan bunker said...

happy birthday to kai! he couldn't be any cuter! thanks for all the details about him...you are a wonderful mother! love you!

deanne said...

Camille - I love it! Wow, he reminds me so much of Cole. I wonder if it is a first born boy thing? I laughed so hard about the "chokables" and the "toilet". That's my Cole too! Sometimes I wonder if I could do it without him. Great pictures - wonderful guy!!!! So happy for you. Love his buzz cut...

Roney Family said...

I cant believe he is 7. I remember when he had his 3 year old birthday! So much time has gone by. So glad I get to know him and be friends with you! Loves you!

christa said...

such a cute kid. i was so so so impressed with his manners. The whole "excuse me" was just awesome! the party looks like it was a hit! great job!