Monday, July 11, 2011

Laguna Hills Memorial Day Half Marathon...

(I am soooo behind on blogging, so I think I'll just start here...)

SO, the ol' Laguna Hills 1/2 marathon arrived again and me and and a bunch of friends were game to do it. I am so late in posting this that my commentary might not be up to par, but that's ok. :)
I enlisted Jared and his bro, Ryan, to run it with me, too. That was a great idea cause it pushed me beyond what I thought I was capable of. I felt great the whole race except for that last dreaded mile. I seriously could not take a deep breathe and it was CRAZY! All my muscles were contracting in on my lungs and it was hard to keep up the pace, but I managed to dig deep and find some energy. I kept telling myself, "who cares if you barf all over yourself. Just keep going!" I was aiming for shedding just a minute off last years time (1:53) and I ended up coming in 14 mins faster at 1:39. I could not believe it! It was awesome. After we crossed the finish line I couldn't stop saying, "I am going to pass out. I am going to pass out!". I was only 1/2 there, I think.

me and Jared before the race. Just doing a little huggin and stretchin.
My girls: Babs, Brenna, Brooke, Sara, Me and Laura
It was Laura's first 1/2 and she rocked it. I was so proud of her I almost cried!
Brenna(who JUST had a baby 4 months earlier...amazing), Sara (who was in denial about running this and just came out and did it... no problem), Me (I ended up NOT passing out, just fyi) and Laura (the newbie who knocked it out of the park)

Me and J... nice and sweaty and ready for some Memorial Day grub!

Good times, good times.

4 comments:

Brooke Wilkins said...

i am so proud of you! How small are you, your body is teeny tiny in all of these pictures. You look awesome! And so proud of your time.

Campbell Family said...

You girls are such an inspiration to me, I think I want to go out and see if I can run just ONE mile right now! But then I won't, and I'll just continue to be intimidated by running :) ha ha! I want your arms, girl!!! btw, I really miss you and want to do a beach day, get our girls together!

lee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

88pascher.com sac a main louis vuitton sac burberry sac chanel chaussures puma chaussures nike tee shirts louis vuitton chanel femmes tee shirts sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml