Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter fun...(warning-many pictures ahead)

Is it me or are holidays creeping up and then passing by at rapid speed this year? Maybe it's because of the third child I just had and that I don't multi-task AT ALL. I just feel so unprepared and unready for the past few events. Even with that said, Easter was so fun this year. We had the most mellow weekend, just our little family, and it was so relaxing and nice. Maybe because I cooked nothing and had zero expectations of what should happen on this special day. We watched conference, dyed Easter eggs and played outside on Saturday. Sunday was the longest (in a great way) day I've had in a while. Time usually whizzes by me, but Sunday was slow and perfect. Kids woke up and checked out their baskets with sheer delight, we ALL watched conference (a miracle), had our little Easter Egg hunt, ate lunch, all took a nap (second miracle), made crepes for dinner, and watched a movie. Perfection! We missed seeing our extended family, but we loved being together with just us for one WHOLE day! Here are some pictures of the weekend. (Yes, I know I'm in a ton of these pics, but lately I've really wanted to capture me with my kids while I'm still "young". Maybe that 35th birthday around the corner has something to do with it! :))


the only "Easter Sunday best" picture I took. Since our Easter program was the week before Easter I forgot all about taking pictures in their outfits and that was sad for me to realize. I'm putting them back in their get-ups next week and will have to snap one then, I guess!



Awwwwwwww!
Hubba, hubba!

cutie pie Kai (yes, we buzzed his head and I LOVE it. I got teary cause I just loved seeing ALL of his face!)
me and the "older kids" as we like to call them
my little easter egg this year! Lovin her hoodie!
Kai and Payton loved their Easter baskets and woke up like it was Christmas morning for them.
getting ready for our little easter egg hunt. It was quaint with just us and the Wilson's. Short and sweet! :)
looks like this snail thinks it's part of the egg hunt, too. :)
payton and all her egg finds
kai and all his egg finds
love this squishy face
our little Easter family photo
daddy and the babes

Just looking over these pictures makes me SO thankful for my blessings. What a great holiday Easter is to remember our Savior and to realize all of the things we have because of him and his sacrifice! I honestly don't know how I got so lucky or why I deserve these people in my life, but I sure am overwhelmingly grateful!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

cute pictures!! I love the last picture, you have such an adorable family. oh and I LOVE Kai's hair!!

Cadle Clan said...

pictures are adorable.....and look at you skinny girl....you sure dropped the baby weight (whatever you had) fast! Oh, i'm jealous!

Brooke Wilkins said...

fun fun! You do look AMAZING! I am so jealous that you are so so tiny!

Leah said...

So we were there last weekend, right at your house. I had Joe call you guys, but I guess you didn't want to hang out. Bummer.

Julia said...

I can't believe how old all your kids are looking!! I've only been gone a month! They are all so adorable. Love looking at all your pictures. Ummm- lets get together soon. LOVE and miss your face! xo

Barbara said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend to me! Love the pics.