Thursday, April 22, 2010

Legoland and D-land expeditions...



This is a tad overdue, but we ventured to Legoland over Spring Break and it was awesome! Me and Jared have been pretty gun shy when it comes to going to theme parks because neither of us dig lines, heat, stress, spending mass amounts of cash...you get the drift! Anyway, we finally buckled and realized we were depriving our kids of their right to all of those previous things listed and with that we were off to Legoland. I will admit that within 10 minutes of being there I was regretting the decision and wished that we were anywhere else. But, I took a deep breathe, told Jared that if we were going to do this we were going to stay the entire day and wear this day OUT! And, I am proud to say that once I got the hang of it I loved Legoland. Of course, the kids were in heaven immediately and were having a blast the minute we got there. Kai insisted the first thing we do is see the MiniCIty.

This is the only pic I will post because I am sure no one else cares to see any of the MiniCIty, but Kai was over the moon about this little world built out of legos. I guess he can appreciate the talent behind the masterpieces. He was running around, hardly taking a breathe and telling us about each thing (like we couldn't see for ourselves...it was hilarious) and pointing out each amazing thing "built out of LEGOS!" He kept saying, "Look, Mom and Dad, a subway. That is made out of LEGOS!" and "Look, a bathroom (dying laughing at it). That is made of LEGOS!!" and "Oh, look, Mom, the TEMPLE. That is made out of LEGOS!" (Of course, this is not a Temple, but how cute that this church looks like a temple to Kai because it's so fancy!) It was soooo funny cause as he was pointing everything out and saying this same kind of thing, he pointed to a cactus and said, "Look, Mom, a cactus! Those are NOT made out of LEGOS!!!" You might have had to be there, but Jared and I were cracking up and now I say that to Jared at least once a day for a good giggle.
the "temple"



This little sharks mouth was cute and loved taking pictures of the kids in it. I had this bright idea that me and Jared should get in and get a pic taken, but Jared refused (to my disappointment) and I begged and he put his foot down. Dang it. So, I went around and took Kai with me. It was super tiny, though, and I barely squeezed in there with Kai. I was so glad Jared did not give into my pleading (I know he was embarrassed by the idea) cause it would've been a cherry on top for him if we had tried to squeeze the two of us in there and failed miserabley! I mean, we would've looked sooo lame. He would've been so irritated! :)
We finally finished with a long day at Legoland and headed over to the aquarium next door. Kai was equally excited about going there and I had to ask him, "Kai are the fish made out of LEGOS??" He just looked at me and said enthusiastically, "NO, they are REAL, Mom! AND, there is a real Lobster at the beginning of our journey!" I died laughing at that comment! Where does this kid come up with his sayings?




this fish was crazy. We were looking at this tank and it just followed us (mainly me) where ever we would stand and just stare at us. It was so bizarre!

It was a great trip and we all had so much fun. I can't wait to go again NEXT year! I'm sure proud of us...

on to the next adventure...
My sister, Kristin, came into town and went to Disneyland and so I got really ambitious and decided to join her. I have been wanting to get passes and so this was a great excuse to go for it. Payton had only been once as a baby and Kai had only been there as a little kid and didn't love it at all. So, I thought they were ready for it again and, boy, was I ever right! We had a blast. Laura and Benny joined us with their gang and we all enjoyed a lovely (semi-hot) day with only a medium/big crowd to handle.
me and my sista (ain't she cute? I love her)
Kai and Connor...best buddies
Payton and Dallin (she pronounces it DOLL-UN. It's cute) they are in love, I think!



this is a funky one of me(with my sleeves rolled to avoid farmer tan lines:), but thought I needed to show-off Rowy in all her awesomeness. Look at that body! Couldn't you just eat her up?

Just throwing this one in at the end. We bought Rowan a jumparoo/entertainment center and she LOVES it. It is so hysterical to watch her in it. She cannot stop bouncing and smiling and it's almost manic. I love it!

6 comments:

Meli T said...

Such cuties all of you and that little Rowan is the most adorable rollie thing. Now that you have Disney passes maybe we could double date some night. Just let us know when the man is in town and when you're willing to share a precious night with him.

Cadle Clan said...

Looks like so much fun! Miss you tons...and love the purple shirt! So cute!

christa said...

so many things to say...first of all, paytons hair is so long and adorable! I love it! I'm so glad you have d-land passes because I will MAKE you com with us one of the days we are there! How fun will that be?seriously! What made you shave Kai's head? It's so funny cause I've been REALLY wanting to do isaac's because his hair is so ridiculously long and I just can not stand it any more. He totally starts sweating to death, but I really think he'll freak out. He loves his hair! Just wait, he might have a good shaving soon thanks to these inspiring pictures. And the jumperoo... I've always wanted one. Does she really love it! does she puke all over it? We have another activity center thing and I rarely but Ev in it because he literally pukes on everything! It drives me insane! Anyhow, love you and told you I had a lot to say!!!

P.S. LOVE the apples and cinnamon!!!

christa said...

p.s.s those were not MY easter baskets, those were from Grandma! Such spoiled kids!!!!

McGraths said...

We just moved to Encinitas. You have to let me know whenever you go to Legoland again---we'll meet up with you because we just got memberships :)

Roney Family said...

I am so happy you had a wonderful time! That makes me so happy. I love all the pictures! The kids look so happy!