Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Laguna Hills Memorial Day Half Marathon...

Well, Memorial Day marked the beloved race day that me and some dear friends have been training for. We woke up bright and early and all met up for the Laguna Hills Memorial Day Half Marathon. I was a bit nervous, but felt optimistic about the whole thing. After all, I had amazing girls to inspire me and push me while we ran this thing. We had a goal of finishing before 2 hours, so it was on to "tackle this B@#%!" as one friend put it (you know who you are!). Anyhow, we started off fast, but it didn't seem like it since there is a herd of people running all around you. Love that, though, since you end up pushing yourself without really trying, right?! I suffered some side aches, which miraculously went away (that never happens), some calf cramps, some tummy cramping (you know what I mean) and all the other aches and pains that go along with running. But, all in all, I felt great until that last mile. Oh, that last mile. My body started to cave in on me and every second felt like an eternity, let me tell ya. The last few miles are on the trail, so no cheering crowd, so that was tough. Luckily the finish was full of people (namely BABS - I love ya) and you could hear people cheering you on and giving you props and that helped so much. I ended up finishing in 1:53 and was super proud of myself. I'm happy it's over and grateful for the awesome girls who trained with me and pushed me during. Nothing like a race to become closer with your friends.
all the girls before the race: Me, Melissa, Brooke, Julia, Sara, Rachel, Moka and Michelle
Just about at the finish line here. I'm only smiling cause my sweet friend, Babs, was there waiting to cheer us all on. Her face made me happy, but besides that I felt like death was near! :)
Barbara took this picture of these guys and aren't they awesome?!! Makes me misty!
Sara, Julia, Me and Rachel after the race. We were all feeling the pain...in a good way :)!
oops, a little sunny, but still love the pic!
Julia, Sara, Me (with my heart shaped sweat), Moka and Michelle

15 comments:

Bren said...

Camille WAY to go! You look so cute even running! What an accomplishment; you rock!

And thanks SO much for the darling bday present; you're a great friend!

Love ya!

Brooke Wilkins said...

seriously you do look cute running! What the heck! You are so awesome! I can't believe how studly you are! I cannot imagine running that much!

The Waites said...

Camille! You inspire me! You look amazing and I'm so impressed!! Way to go! xoxo

Laura Ek said...

You Rocked that B*^#%! Great Job, I'm so impressed! Wish I could have done it with you, maybe next time!

Cadle Clan said...

Good job Cami!!!! How do you look so great after running 13.1 miles......Love you!

Elizabeth said...

Good Job Camille! I wish I could have done it with you girls, you are awesome!!

Leah said...

You rock friend! I have another one in August. Kind of dreading it, kind of excited.

Marcy said...

You're a rockstar, my friend. Proud of you!

xoxo

Barbara said...

Oh how I love you, Camille. You always make me smile - I am glad I was able to pay it forward as you neared death. You are such an inspiration to me and I am SO proud of you for slaughtering your goal!!

Karolyn said...

Congratulations. That's an awesome time too. You are amazing. I'll have to train for a half marathon again after I have this baby. You look amazing too.

Christa said...

Good job darlin! you smoked it! did you train a lot? I have one coming up in a couple weeks and I'm super scared. I sure do wish I we lived by eachother so we could train together! Great job my friend!

Campbell Family said...

Way to sweat Camille!!! :) I am sooooo impressed and hope that one day in my life I can do that! Although I am insanely jealous of your forever shrinking body, I'm glad I get to see you on a weekly basis to motivate me to shed the baby weight as soon as this thing pops out! p.s. sorry I've missed you this week, I have the worst sinus cold EVER :(

Roney Family said...

You are awesome friend, Im so proud of you! You are amazing and look HOT

Smith Family said...

What a rock star you are, congrats! You look smokin' too! xoxo

brooke said...

good job...I am so jealous as I stare at my stomache of baby left over flab! Maybe by next year I will be ready for something like that. And, I'll be home in about a month for 6 weeks so lets please have a gno!